From: Adam Feuer <adamf-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: KSplice: How to quadruple your productivity with an army of student interns
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.finance.mifos.devel
Date: Wednesday 10th March 2010 17:20:45 UTC (over 7 years ago)
http://blog.ksplice.com/2010/03/quadruple-productivity-with-an-intern-army/

Folks,

Interesting article on how to KSplice (the Linux Kernel hot-upgrade
folks) got a big boost from interns.

Some of their ideas may need adaptation to a global project - like
putting everyone in one room. Alternatively, we could get the budget
to get everyone here for a month and run a big development conference
or sprint.

Other ideas are more relevant:

* Give interns loosely-coupled projects - so interns can be productive
quickly. Interestingly, this contrasts with our strategy "work on
valuable things". They're not opposite.

* Locate next to a deep pool of hackers. - well we're not "down the
street" from MIT. How can we make alliances with other pools of
hackers?

-adam
--
Adam Feuer