From: Bastian Eicher <bastian <at> eicher.net>
Subject: OCaml solver in Windows version of Zero Install
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.zero-install.devel
Date: Friday 29th January 2016 09:21:26 UTC (about 1 year ago)
A while ago Thomas added the "0install slave" command to the OCaml
implementation of Zero Install which allows external applications to
control
Zero Install using a JSON API.

The C#/Windows version of Zero Install works standalone using its own
Solver, but the OCaml solver is more powerful (can handle more complex
dependency trees). Therefore I started working on a feature in Zero Install
for Windows that automatically downloads and uses the OCaml version as an
additional Solver backend if the built-in Solver cannot find a solution on
its own. I've gotten a little sidetracked with other stuff in the past
months but now I finally got around to finishing this integration between
the C# Frontend and OCaml Solver.

Windows builds of the OCaml version currently do not support SSL. This
would
be a problem when the Solver tries to contact the Key info server but since
the C# Solver runs first any relevant keys are most likely already listed
in
trustdb.xml.

@Thomas: Could you add a current Windows build of the OCaml version (e.g.,
pulled from TeamCity) to the public http://0install.net/tools/0install.xml