From: Ben Myers <bpm <at> sgi.com>
Subject: Re: XFS leadership and a new co-maintainer candidate
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.xfs.general
Date: Friday 8th November 2013 18:03:37 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hey Ric,

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 06:03:41AM -0500, Ric Wheeler wrote:
> In the XFS community, we have 2 clear leaders in terms of
> contributions of significant feaures and depth of knowledge -
> Christoph and Dave.
>
> If you look at the number of patches submitted by developers since
> 3.0 who have more than 10 patches, we get the following:
>
>     319 Author: Dave Chinner
>     163 Author: Christoph Hellwig
>      51 Author: Christoph Hellwig
>      35 Author: Linus Torvalds
>      34 Author: Chandra Seetharaman
>      29 Author: Al Viro
>      28 Author: Brian Foster
>      25 Author: Zhi Yong Wu <[email protected]>
>      24 Author: Jeff Liu <[email protected]>
>      21 Author: Jie Liu <[email protected]>
>      20 Author: Mark Tinguely
>      16 Author: Dave Chinner
>      12 Author: Eric Sandeen
>      12 Author: Carlos Maiolino
>
> If we as a community had more capacity for patch review, Dave's
> numbers would have jumped up even higher :)
>
> It is certainly very welcome to bring new developers into our
> community, but if we are going to add a co-maintainer for XFS, we
> really need to have one of our two leading developers in that role.

Mark is replacing Alex as my backup because Alex is really busy at
Linaro and asked to be taken off awhile ago.  The holiday season is
coming up and I fully intend to go off my meds, turn in to Fonzy the
bear, and eat my hat.  I need someone to watch the shop while I'm off
exploring on Mars.  I trust Mark to do that because he is totally
awesome.

-Ben