From: Daniel Phillips <phillips <at> phunq.net>
Subject: Tux3 kernel port, latest snapshot
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.tux3
Date: Friday 19th September 2008 10:25:01 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi all,

Pretty soon we will make these Tux3 patches easy to get as snapshots
from http://tux3.org, but for now I have to go diff
my git tree each
time I want one and email to everybody instead of posting a nice tidy
URL.  Not a problem the first few times...

I added Maciej's superblock loading code (slightly massaged) to the
Tux3 code, which up to now has been little more than a cut and paste of
ramfs.  It is still not significantly more than that, except Tux3 now
expects to be mounted on a block device (I mount it on a file) and it
will load a superblock from that device.  Rather stylishly doing this
at the bio API level, which was the subject of the most recent Tux3
University session.  Which incidentally was lead by Maciej, who now
officially takes on the role of our bio transfer goto guy.

Talk about running directly on the metal, this is it.  Well, compared
to FUSE it is.  Now we want to think about making a filesystem appear
in the space fomerly occupied by this demo.

Regards,

Daniel

P.S.: Next Tux3 U session is Tuesday, 19th September, 20 oclock Pacific
time.  Subject: Drilling deeper into generic_write.

CD: 3ms