From: Szabolcs Szakacsits <szaka-IyvsvuGDJ8VAfugRpC6u6w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Stable NTFS-3G 1.2918 released
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel
Date: Friday 19th September 2008 01:28:29 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Greetings,

  *  New stable, maintenance release
  *  New release candidate with unlimited file creation support
  *  New file system test suite release with Posix ACL support
  *  NTFS-3G for Mac OS X User's Guide
  *  Credits

Many very exciting things are ongoing! The development is shifting from the

regular stabilization tasks to supporting, introducing, implementing new
things, features and to performance, memory and power optimizations.

We have several releases this time.

Our top priority is always reliability. Over the last month, we were
reported only one driver reliability problem when reading a corrupted
directory hung the driver. This was rapidly solved, driver fully tested
and stable NTFS-3G 1.2918 released.

At the same time, we also made an NTFS-3G 1.2926-RC release candidate,
which has implemented unlimited file and directory creation support.

This driver has been extensively tested and could, for instance,
successfully create 54 million (54,000,000) files in a single directory.
It took only one day. As a comparison ext3 could create 20+ million
files, after some file system tuning in the same test.

Previously the per NTFS volume limit was typically only a few million
files.

Please test this release candidate and let us know if you can find
any problem. We weren't able to do so anymore.

Thanks to Jean-Pierre Andre, the POSIX File System Test Suite got
POSIX ACL support and available for testing:

  http://ntfs-3g.org/pjd-fstest.html

Please note that the security improved NTFS-3G driver also supports
POSIX ACLs:

  http://pagesperso-orange.fr/b.andre/security.html

Mac OS X users can find Erik Larsson's NTFS-3G for Mac OS X User's
Guide very helpful, which is available at

  http://hem.bredband.net/catacombae/ntfs-3g/macntfs-3g_userguide.pdf

The NTFS-3G release changes are at

    http://ntfs-3g.org/releases.html

The latest stable and release candidate can be downloaded from

    http://ntfs-3g.org/

Many thanks to: Dominique L Bouix, Jean-Pierre Andre, Bernhard Kaindl,
Erik Larsson, Miklos Szeredi, Alejandro Pulver, Peter J. Creath,
Paul Mattal, Colin Watson, Agostino Russo, Colin King, Richard Russon,
Luis Furquim, Daniel Benamy, and many, many others ...

	Szabolcs