From: Szabolcs Szakacsits <szaka-IyvsvuGDJ8VAfugRpC6u6w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Stable ntfs-3g-1.1004 released
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel
Date: Wednesday 3rd October 2007 23:58:10 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Szia!

During the continuous process of extending our test methodology listed at

	http://ntfs-3g.org/quality.html

we have found a very rare file corruption scenario. This release fixes
it and contains a few performance improvements for different kind of
workloads.

The file corruption can happen in a certain case if one creates and writes
into a spare file (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparse_file).
Sparse files
are rarely used. One exception is the bittorent clients. However they
couldn't notice the corruption because it can happen only in the "non-used"

file regions. When a file is fully downloaded then the file checksum will
be correct because the potential corruptions get overwritten by the real,
correct data. In short, it wasn't very easy to notice this problem which
existed in all previous releases dated back to at least one year.

It's also our pleasure to announce that Jean-Pierre Andre has joind our
core development team and working on permission handling support. A very
early and experimental code is available from

	http://perso.orange.fr/b.andre/security.html

Please note that permission handling is very new and *really* experimental.

Don't use it on real data or surely have good backup. You can freely send
the feedback, bug reports to
[email protected] No need to be
subscribed to the developer's list. Thank you.

We have an additional good news for OS X users. Erik Larsson has revived
the easy installation and usage of NTFS-3G on OS X. Please see below more:

	http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/

Details of the driver changes since the last release can be found at

	http://ntfs-3g.org/releases.html

The stable release can be downloaded from

	http://ntfs-3g.org/

Many thanks to Jean-Pierre Andre, Erik Larsson, Tom Snow, Greg
Kroah-Hartman, David Fox, Bernhard Kaindl, Dominique L Bouix,
Miklos Szeredi, Alejandro Pulver and Vivek Kapoor.

Enjoy and share,
		    Szabolcs

--
NTFS-3G Lead Developer:  http://ntfs-3g.org