From: Szabolcs Szakacsits <szaka-IyvsvuGDJ8VAfugRpC6u6w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Stable ntfs-3g-1.913 released
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel
Date: Wednesday 12th September 2007 23:00:40 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Welcome,

Many thank yous for testing the release candidate and for the fantastic
feedback! The reported performance improvements were between 2-12 fold, the

average speed gain being 200-500% for the optimized work loads. That's not
a very bad start for the optimization work.

To show our honest appreciation for your continuous support, we are
including another major performance optimization in the current stable
release.

The free disk space calculation was extremely CPU intensive during write
activity. This could reduce write performance severely, especially for huge

volumes if a file manager, desktop applet or other application regularly
polled for disk space usage. Now the calculation is constant time, around
only 10 microseconds on a typical desktop system, and it's completely
independent of the volume size.

The speed enhancements wouldn't have happened without David Fox's
continuous assistance and contribution.

More details can be found about the changes at

	http://ntfs-3g.org/releases.html

The stable release can be downloaded from

	http://ntfs-3g.org/

Many thanks to the folowing people for their help and contribution:
Alexey Sidorov, Ruijuan Li, Stanley Peng, Xu Gang, Jean-Pierre Andre,
Miklos Szeredi, Dominique L Bouix, Nicolas Calderon, Marcin Pastudzki,
David Fox, Jerome Richalet, Anton Altaparmakov, Cezary Sliwa, Csaba Henk.

Kind Regards,
		Szabolcs