From: Szabolcs Szakacsits <szaka-IyvsvuGDJ8VAfugRpC6u6w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Stable ntfs-3g-1.810 released
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel
Date: Friday 10th August 2007 00:55:48 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Hello,

Following the current software industry trend, hereby we're happy to
officially leak the regular maintenance release which includes the support
for the long awaited unmount fix for unprivileged users and minor but
important reliability fixes for very rarely occuring scenarios.

We would like to warn everybody that contrary to the other leaking software

releases, this one is not an alpha but should be a boring, stable release!

Major changes in this release:

    * fix: file rename may updated the modification time of some files
      which caused some backup tools, like rsync, not to preserve always
      this timestamp.
    * fix: unmount (fusermount -u) was denied for an unprivileged user who
      was allowed to mount a block device. FUSE 2.7.0+ user space package
      is required for the full fix.
    * fix: the driver could hang if there wasn't enough memory during
      reading a large directory
    * fix: reading a directory may reported success when there was an error
    * fix: metadata update error was ignored in some very rare cases during

      writing a file
    * fix: permissions checking was turned on if umask, fmask and dmask was

      set to the default 000 value.
    * change: manual update, added Windows filename compatibility section
    * change: lots of logging improvements

The source package can be downloaded from

	http://ntfs-3g.org/

Contributors to who we can thank the driver is keep improving, besides
countless other enthusiastic developers who are working on packaging, easy
use, distribution integration, testing, and so on:

  Juan Romero Pardines, Marvin Renich, Daniel Johnson, Wayne Sherman,
  David Fox, Lehilton Chaves, Marcelo Calviente Ortolani, Ralph Angenendt,
  Dominique L Bouix, Miklos Szeredi, Paul Marks, Jorg (Kano) Schirottke,
  Raymond Vetter, and Regis Duchesne.

Contributions and feedbacks, especially constructive negative ones, are
always very welcome.

	Szaka