From: Szakacsits Szabolcs <szaka-etPT3ZpR6ySHXe+LvDLADg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: ntfs-3g-1.328
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel
Date: Wednesday 28th March 2007 00:03:15 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Good day,

We had over a million web hits since the stable release and how else we
could celebrate it other then releasing an even better driver?

So, here we go. This release includes a new cluster/block allocator to
improve large file performance in close to full and/or highly fragmented
disk scenarios, and without negatively effecting old, unrelated
performances, reliability and functionality.

This version is being tested for over three weeks, having many positive
feedbacks, no apparent side-effects, and only improvements are visible
which are sometimes quite impressive. You can find performance numbers
in the announcement of the release candidate of this release at

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel/124

This release has no changes compared to the latest release candidate
besides document updates and hopefully giving more helpful and
explanatory error and warning messages. The major changes in each
release are available at:

    http://www.ntfs-3g.org/releases.html

The latest stable driver can be downloaded from

    http://ntfs-3g.org/

Many thanks to Dominique L Bouix, Elmar Hanlhofer, Emmanu Andre,
Miklos Szeredi, Lucas Neves Martins Satto, iViKeN, Csaba Henk, Florent
Mertens, Alexey Marushchenko, Andreas Hanke, Cyberjean, Gregor Gorjanc,
Michal Piotrowski, NorthBear, ShadowOfGed, Chucker, Antti Kantee,
xtraeme, Alistair Crooks, Joerg (Kano) Schirottke, Flávio Moringa,
Alexey Marushchenko, and Martin Olsson.

All right, party time!

	Szaka

your