From: Adrian Bunk <bunk-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] OSS Proxy using CUSE
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.fuse.devel
Date: Thursday 28th August 2008 20:01:20 UTC (over 9 years ago)
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 09:05:53PM +0200, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> So, after all the fuss, here's the state-of-the-art standard-compliant
> cloud-computing web-3.0-beta web page for OSS emulation using CUSE.
>
>   http://userweb.kernel.org/~tj/ossp/
>
> It works pretty well here.  :-)

Sorry for being destructive, but 6 years after ALSA went into the
kernel we are slightly approaching the point where all applications
support ALSA.

The application you list on your webpage is UML host sound support,
and I'm wondering why you don't fix that instead of working on a
better OSS emulation?

> Thanks.
> tejun

cu