From: Chris Mason <chris.mason <at> fusionio.com>
Subject: btrfs-progs tagged as v3.12
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs
Date: Monday 25th November 2013 21:45:34 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi everyone,

I've tagged the current btrfs-progs repo as v3.12.  The new idea is that
instead of making the poor distros pull from git, I'll be creating
tagged releases at roughly the same pace as Linus cuts kernels.

Given the volume of btrfs-progs patches, we should have enough new code
and fixes to justify releases at least as often as the kernel.  Of
course, if there are issues that need immediate attention, I'll tag a .y
release (v3.12.1 for example).

If the progs changes slow down, we might skip a version.  But tracking
kernel version numbers makes it easier for me to line up bug reports,
mostly because I already devote a fair number of brain cells to
remembering how old each kernel is.

Just let me know if there are any questions.

-chris