From: =?utf-8?Q?Juho_V=C3=A4h=C3=A4-Herttua?= <juhovh <at> iki.fi>
Subject: Re: GNUTLS is not going anywhere
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel
Date: Thursday 13th December 2012 12:12:47 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On 13.12.2012, at 12.12, Richard Stallman  wrote:
> You cannot change the name of GNUTLS.  It is not yours.
> You offered to work on it, and and we entrusted the project
> to you.  If you want to stop, you can stop.

The solution to this debate seems very simple to me, as a bystander. Nikos
has already stated he does not want to work on GNUTLS under FSF, but
continues to use the GNUTLS name. FSF should send Nikos a formal
announcement (in the name of FSF not just RMS, no offense) of not being
allowed to use the name GNUTLS any more. Nikos should start a fork of
GNUTLS and operate it under a different name in case he wants to continue
working on the project. Nikos can announce his fork on GNUTLS mailing list
to make all willing developers to move onto his project. Now we just need
to execute this chain of events.

As a side note, I find Werner's accusations, as written on his blog, of FSF
not defending its rights in case of GnuPG copyright violations very
serious. When a copyright holder transfers their rights to FSF they also
transfer their rights to defend against copyright violations. I sincerely
hope thes goodwill has not been and will not be abused by FSF.

However, thank you to all members of this debate of the great work you are
doing.

Juho

CD: 5ms