From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org>
Subject: Re: GNUTLS is not going anywhere
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel
Date: Thursday 13th December 2012 03:49:51 UTC (over 5 years ago)
> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:42:10 +0100
> From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
> Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
>
> On 12/11/2012 09:04 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
>
> > Nikos, when you volunteered to maintain GNUTLS, the GNU Project
> > entrusted its development to you.  Your contributions so far are
> > appreciated.  However, the project GNUTLS does not belong to you.
> > If you want to stop doing this job, you can.  If you want to develop a
> > fork of GNUTLS under another name, you can, since it is free software.
>
> I pretty much regret transferring all rights to FSF, but it seems there
> is nothing I can do to change that. If I receive a formal request from
> FSF I'll change the name of gnutls and continue from there.

With all due respect to the involved parties: since you discuss this
on a public list, may I ask to please publish the reasons for this
schism?  It is sad enough to read about such unfortunate incidents in
the Free Software movement; doing so without understanding what the
heck is going on is too much.

TIA

CD: 3ms