From: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson <at> eu.citrix.com>
Subject: Re: xend deprecation
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel
Date: Thursday 12th September 2013 11:10:40 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] xend deprecation"):
> create !
> title it xl improve support for migration over non-sshlike tunnels
> thanks
> Konrad, what is the exact requirement here? You mention socat which just
> takes an IP address and connects to it and pipes stuff back and forth
> (crypto optional). I suspect the sending side of that can be done with a
> thin wrapper which provides the 'ssh like' command line interface,

I think it can be done with the existing xl interface, TBH, but it's
probably ugly.  I would have no problem with an option which made xl
make the network connection itself.

> so
> what is needed is a daemon listening on a known port which can fork +
> exec xl migrate-receive for each connection?

I think this should be doable by running xl migrate-receive out of
inetd, or some kind of socket-activation-based feature of an
init-replacement (eg upstart).

If not this should be fixed.

Ian.

CD: 4ms