From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell <at> citrix.com>
Subject: Re: xend deprecation
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel
Date: Thursday 12th September 2013 10:02:09 UTC (over 5 years ago)
create !
title it xl improve support for migration over non-sshlike tunnels
thanks

On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 16:43 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] xend deprecation"):
> >
> > You can provide any tool you like to run instead of ssh, including an
> > ssl daemon/client or socat. See the manpage.
>
> If there is some migration mode that you'd like to see natively
> supported in xl, besides "fork this program which looks a bit like
> ssh", we'd be very happy to take patches or even write them.

Indeed.

Konrad, what is the exact requirement here? You mention socat which just
takes an IP address and connects to it and pipes stuff back and forth
(crypto optional). I suspect the sending side of that can be done with a
thin wrapper which provides the 'ssh like' command line interface, so
what is needed is a daemon listening on a known port which can fork +
exec xl migrate-receive for each connection?

Is socat actually what you want or was that just an example?

Ian.

CD: 13ms