From: Romano Giannetti <romano.giannetti-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Virtualbox VM (XP) crashes with LabWindows/CVI 7.1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.general
Date: Tuesday 25th March 2008 17:18:33 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi,
     I have a problem (big one...) with VirtualBox and LabWindows/CVI.

Executive summary: when running a project in the LW/CVI windows, the VM
(Windows
XP SP2) explodes with a very shortly lived blue screen.

Background: I have installed the last version of VBox on my ubuntu 7.10
with
2.6.24.4 kernel, created a VM, installed WindowsXP on it. After that, I
installed LabWindows/CVI 7.1 (I have a license for that, so cannot use a
new
one) and ni-daq 7.5. The files for the project are in a virtual folder,
connected as a network unit.

LW/CVI seems to work; it compiles and build application. The application
did
work if run outside LW/CVI. But if I try to debug an application, the VM
dies
with a very fast blinking blue screen.

The whole thing used to work on a VMware machine. Any hints on how to
collect
data for a more significant report?

Romano / Thanks!

CD: 3ms