From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Skogstr=F6m?= <peter.skogstrom-8yx2xCncd7F54TAoqtyWWQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [ kvm-Bugs-1817779 ] KVM crash with Windows XP guest because of ACPI
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.devel
Date: Monday 22nd October 2007 11:20:46 UTC (over 10 years ago)
SourceForge.net wrote:
> Bugs item #1817779, was opened at 2007-10-22 13:02

> Initial Comment:
> Host: Fedora7, 64-bit, Intel CPU, KVM-48.
>
> When I start Windows XP guest, that was installed with ACPI enabled,
without ACPI in KVM, KVM crashes.

> The command is:
> [[email protected] ~]$ ./qemu-kvm -hda
/isos/disks-vm/alexeye/WindowsXP-Pro.vmdk -m 512 -no-acpi

> With -no-kvm it stucks, but not crashes.
>
> The same crash happens with "-no-acpi -no-kvm-irqchip" parameters.

Hi

It can be due to different HALs in XP, the HAL thats installed with ACPI
doesnt match the one neeeded without ACPI. Its the same as You are
moving an installed XP to an older machine without ACPI.

regards
//Peter
--

bitrunner