From: Ingo Molnar <mingo <at> elte.hu>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.devel
Date: Friday 18th December 2009 21:51:07 UTC (over 7 years ago)
* Gregory Haskins  wrote:

> Hi Linus,
>
> Please pull AlacrityVM guest support for 2.6.33 from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ghaskins/alacrityvm/linux-2.6.git
> for-linus
>
> All of these patches have stewed in linux-next for quite a while now:
>
> Gregory Haskins (26):

I think it would be fair to point out that these patches have been objected
by the KVM folks quite extensively, on multiple technical grounds - as
basically this tree forks the KVM driver space for which no valid technical

reason could be offered by you in a 100+ mails long discussion.

(And yes, i've been Cc:-ed to much of that thread.)

The result will IMO be pain for users because now we'll have two
frameworks,
tooling incompatibilities, etc. etc.

I've extended the Cc: for the KVM folks to have a chance to reply. Please
try
_much_ harder to work with the KVM folks instead of ignoring their feedback

and de-facto forking their project. (and not mentioning any of this in your

pull request) We should unify, not fracture.

	Ingo