From: <jmaynard-NaA3cy51gWZWk0Htik3J/w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Hercules website and SVN server failure
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.emulators.hercules390.general
Date: Tuesday 30th June 2009 14:57:29 UTC (over 9 years ago)
The trusty old Alphaserver 4000 that hosts the Hercules website and
Subversion server suffered a power supply failure last night. (It's not
good
when you plug in a power cord and hear sparks.) I have two replacement
supplies on order, and will be installing them in a redundant configuration
when they arrive. I'm hoping I can get them shipped overnight, to arrive
tomorrow.

Until that's replaced, the Hercules web site at www.hercules-390.org will
not be available. The Subversion repository will not be available either.
Sorry about that, folks.

I'm using an emergency backup system for email, so I don't have access to
my
old correspondence. A very small number of messages may have gotten dropped
on the floor this morning when I was bringing up the emergency server. If
you sent me email and are expecting a reply, please re-send.

CD: 10ms