From: Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen-HxjuLhO6/OPR7s880joybQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Detection problem with Open Bench Logic Sniffer
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.debugging.sigrok.devel
Date: Sunday 20th November 2011 22:37:30 UTC (over 6 years ago)
> The OLS development community unfortunately focuses on windows tools, and
> the situation regarding linux tools is a bit chaotic.
>
> I would suggest you chase down the two updates (and associated tools) for
> the PIC and FPGA separately. This page has links to all the scattered
files:

FWIW I successfully upgraded the firmware on my OLS about a week ago, using

the "OLS-fwloader comprehensive update utility" (on that page.)  I think I
had
to get the git version for it to work, when I run it it prints:

   ols-fwloader 0.2 Copyright (C) 2011 Michal Demin

You have to run it twice, once for the PIC firmware and once for the FPGA.

With the non-detection problem, do you have /dev/ttyACM0 present?  I had
blacklisted the cdc_acm module as it caused problems with another device (a

KryoFlux) and this meant /dev/ttyACM0 wasn't being created automatically by

udev as the "driver" wasn't loaded.  A manual "modprobe cdc_acm" fixed that

problem though.

Cheers,
Adam.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-novd2d