From: D. Richard Hipp <drh <at> hwaci.com>
Subject: SQLite version 3.8.0
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.db.sqlite.announce
Date: Monday 26th August 2013 20:41:31 UTC (over 3 years ago)
SQLite version 3.8.0 is now available on the SQLite website.

     http://www.sqlite.org/
     http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

Important enhancements in this release include a rewritten query planner
and support for partial indices.  Further detail is available at

     http://www.sqlite.org/releaselog/3_8_0.html

Do not fear the zero in this version number!   The 3.8.0 release might
easily have been called 3.7.18 instead.  We decided to increase the minor
version from 7 to 8 because of the rewrite of the query planner.  But the
software is quite stable and is ready for production use.  Remember that
SQLite is very carefully tested.  (See http://www.sqlite.org/testing.html
for an overview of test procedures and http://www.sqlite.org/checklists/3080000/index
for the release testing checklist.)  In addition, beta versions of the new
query planner have been downloaded from many thousands of distinct IP
addresses, and presumably tested on some fraction of those, with zero
problem reports.  The new query planner has been in use internally at
SQLite.org for over two months with no issues noted.  For simpl
 e queries, the new query planner should give exactly the same result
(though perhaps with a little less CPU time spent planning) and for complex
queries, the new query planner can in many cases prov
 ide a much faster answer.  Note that in the course of writing the new
query planner we discovered several latent bugs in the legacy planner which
are fixed in the new query planner.  So upgrading is recommended.

--
D. Richard Hipp