From: Christoph Otto <christoph <at> mksig.org>
Subject: Parrot 2.0 Released!
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.parrot.devel
Date: Tuesday 16th March 2010 17:37:02 UTC (over 7 years ago)
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened
of
the old ones.”
  - John Cage

On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 2.2.0
"Like Clockwork." Parrot (http://parrot.org/) is a virtual machine
aimed
at running all dynamic languages.

Parrot 2.2.0 is available on Parrot's FTP site, or follow the
download instructions at http://parrot.org/download.  For
those who would like
to develop on Parrot, or help develop Parrot itself, we recommend using
Subversion on the source code repository to get the latest and best Parrot
code.

Parrot 2.2.0 News:
- Core changes
   + Most internal allocations now use the GC
   + RNG non-randomness fixes
   + Elimination of much dead code
- API changes
   + PMCs can now be initialized from an int
   + Many legacy ops are removed
- Platforms
   + Sun cc and Intel icc support have been restored
   + Compiler invocation no longer goes through a Perl script
- Tools
   + NCI thunks are now generated by self-hosted PIR code

Many thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our
sponsors
for supporting this project.  Our next scheduled release is 20 April 2010.

Enjoy!

CD: 4ms