From: Renato Golin <renato.golin <at> linaro.org>
Subject: LCOV per commit
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Wednesday 6th May 2015 15:28:17 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Folks,

I was looking at LCOV (http://llvm.org/reports/coverage/)
and it's
nice and all, but it doesn't have much information about which commit
is that and the difference between two commits. We could then have a
that report for every buildbot (check-all, test-suite, etc) for the
patches specific to the build, per architecture. How easy would be to
do that for any given buildbot?

Another potential project would be to get on a specific architecture,
patch by patch, and check how many of the *changed* lines are touched
by the current tests, including the ones added, for say check-all.
Since we hope to have good coverage on check-all, this should be a
good indication of how well tested is each patch, and could give us an
*additional* measure of quality.

Would anyone be interested in taking those projects? Shall I add them
to the list of ideas in http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html?

cheers,
--renato

CD: 4ms