From: Chandler Carruth <chandlerc <at> google.com>
Subject: Re: 3.5.1 Testing Phase II Begins
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Monday 29th December 2014 19:39:42 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hey Tom,

David has pointed out to me that we have some *really* bad bugs in
instcombine in 3.5 that are starting to seriously impact users.
http://llvm.org/PR22050 is a great
example. I'm actually surprised LLVM
itself doesn't trip over this bug, and I suspect an innocent change to LLVM
could result in that.

Do you think it's possible to spin a rc3 with a couple more patches to fix
this? I think David has already curated the patches and would be willing to
ensure they merge cleanly. I'm going to help review them as OK. My hope is
that this won't require a huge delay in 3.5.1, but what do you think?

-Chandler