From: Zoltan Bokor <zoligeotop <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Out of source backend
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Wednesday 26th November 2014 07:26:46 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hello,

  I am in a developing process for a new llvm backend (target). Can I
create the new target subdirectory out of source. My point is that I want
to create a separate svn repo only for my new backend directory and use the
llvm project as an external repository. I have to amke some changes to llvm
project, to integrate my backend to the llvm, but I won't commit my changes
to the llvm repo. I only want to commit the changes to my separate backend
svn repo, but I want to update the llvm external repo. This design should
be like a llvm read only (but updatable) repo, and a commitable, separate
backend repo.
Is this design feasible ?

Regards,
Zoli