From: John Regehr <regehr <at> cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: new set of superoptimizer results
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Tuesday 25th November 2014 17:03:50 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Actually, let me save you some time by pointing out the thing that is
perhaps immediately useful about our recent work, which is the fact that
Souper now supports "optimization profiling".

If you build an LLVM using Souper and then use that LLVM to build SPEC
CPU 2006, here are optimizations ranked by dynamic profile count:

   http://blog.regehr.org/extra_files/souper-nov-14/bydprofile.html

In other words, if you implement optimizations near the top of this list,
you would be likely to make LLVM compile SPEC CPU 2006 in less time.

Here are the optimizations sorted by static profile count:

   http://blog.regehr.org/extra_files/souper-nov-14/bysprofile.html

Implementing the highly ranked ones would be likely to make the clang
binary smaller.

Finally here are the optimizations sorted by size; this is handy because
the higher-ranked ones are generally easier to understand:

   http://blog.regehr.org/extra_files/souper-nov-14/bysize.html

John

CD: 3ms