From: Hayden Livingston <halivingston <at> gmail.com>
Subject: whole program optimization examples?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Saturday 11th October 2014 01:24:42 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hello,

I was wondering if there is an example list somewhere of whole program
optimizations done by LLVM based compilers?

I'm only familiar with method-level optimizations, and I'm being told wpo
can deliver many great speedups.

My language is currently staticly typed JIT based and uses the JVM, and I
want to move it over to LLVM so that I can have options where it can be
ahead of time compiled as well.

I'm hearing bad things about LLVM's JIT capabilities -- specifically that
writing your own GC is going to be a pain.

Anyways, sort of diverged there, but still looking for WPO examples!

Hayden.

CD: 3ms