From: Richard Pennington <rich <at> pennware.com>
Subject: Thinking of dropping Microblaze support in ELLCC.
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Tuesday 30th September 2014 22:55:25 UTC (over 2 years ago)
ELLCC (http://ellcc.org
<https://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fellcc%2Eorg&urlhash=dsXU&_t=tracking_anet>)

is an open source cross development tool chain based on clang/LLVM and
other open source projects. The LLVM project decided to drop Microblaze
last year due to lack of interest. I brought the sources into my source
fork of LLVM and have been keeping it fairly up to date since then. It
can compile most C and some C++ programs. I haven't had the time to
track down the few bugs remaining to make it fully functional. Currently
it compiles cleanly with the latest (as of last weekend) LLVM TOT.

I'm thinking of dropping this quixotic effort so that I can devote more
time to the rest of the supported processors. It seems a shame since the
clang/LLVM compiler is a very nice tool and I think that Microblaze
would benefit from being supported by it.

I'm posting this here in case anyone in the Xilinx world would like to
pick it up before it fades away. LLVM is very fast moving and if the
code generator is not maintained it will quickly bit rot.

-Rich

CD: 46ms