From: Alp Toker <alp <at> nuanti.com>
Subject: Phabricator and private reviews
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Wednesday 25th June 2014 17:44:53 UTC (over 3 years ago)
For whatever reason, patches posted to the Phabricator website still
aren't being sent to the mailing list, making it difficult for us to
review them.

I've raised this issue a couple of times in the last few weeks.

In practice this has a detrimental effect to the development workflow
because it means that code is being seen only by a small group of
individuals who have web accounts. The code isn't hitting llvm-commits
or cfe-commits where the majority of code maintainers use the mailing
lists for review.

At this point I think Phabricator should be disabled and patches should
be send to the mailing lists *until* the technical issue is confirmed
resolved.

It's really uncool that code is entering ToT through this back-channel
-- I appreciate that it might not be intentional, but every single patch
that gets committed this way is a real problem for the project.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts