From: lyh.kernel <lyh.kernel <at> gmail.com>
Subject: How to make sure the compatibility of LLVM IR
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Sunday 1st June 2014 21:05:48 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hello all,

We have our own C++ language extension (based on Clang 3.2) and its special
backend (implemented in LLVM 3.2). Now we want to upgrade Clang to version
3.3 or 3.4, and the backend (llc) is still remained in LLVM 3.2.  (aka.
compile our own C++ language extension to LLVM 3.3/3.4 IR, and use LLVM 3.2
llc to generate its special backend assembly). I already know that LLVM
assembly has different syntax of attribute from LLVM 3.3 and LLVM 3.4 has a
new instruction - addrspacecast. I am wondering how to know the exhausted
incompatibility of LLVM IR?

Many thanks

CD: 4ms