From: Najem Eldeen Abu Rmaileh <ermeleh <at> hotmail.com>
Subject: Evaluating the register allocators
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Sunday 9th March 2014 21:15:06 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hello,

I'm trying to evaluate the different register allocation algorithms on LLVM
using the same level of optimizations. Using version 3.3 the current
register allocators available to use are "basic, fast, greedy and pbqp".
However, I'm facing the following issues:

1) I can't run basic and PBQP allocators using the command line flags of
the dragonegg (-fplugin-arg-dragonegg-llvm-option="-regalloc:basic"). I get
this error message "for the -regalloc option: Cannot find option named
'pbqp'!" or basic. Note that I didn't get this error when I used the LLC
tool.

2) I can't run the fast register allocator while using the "O1/O2/O3"
optimizations flags. Is there any purpose behind disabling this pass while
the optimizations are enabled?

Thanks,
Najem.

CD: 2ms