From: Vadim Chugunov <vadimcn <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling Compiler-RT builtins
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Tuesday 4th March 2014 09:14:38 UTC (over 3 years ago)
I've implemented something like this in Rust's fork of
compiler-rt<https://github.com/rust-lang/compiler-rt/commits/rust-2014-02-17-do-not-delete>.

Note that this can only be built via makefile, and, I suspect, my change
does not do a good job at figuring out appropriate gcc flags for each
platform, because I expect CFLAGS to be passed along from the parent
project's build script.
On the plus side, it seems to work on all platforms that Rust currently
supports (Linux, Windows, OSX, FreeBSD, Android), so Rust (almost) doesn't
need libgcc anymore.  ("almost" because there's still no replacement for
stack unwinding routines).