From: Kev Kitchens <kitchens.sync <at> me.com>
Subject: Cross-compiling Compiler-RT builtins
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel
Date: Monday 3rd March 2014 20:00:28 UTC (over 3 years ago)
I am attempting to port an operating system project to use Clang/LLVM
instead of GCC, but I'm having issues with Compiler-RT. Right now, the OS
is
being cross-compiled on an x86_64 host targeting ARMv7a. I built the LLVM
toolchain according to the instructions, though I limited the supported
targets to arm, x86, and x86_64 to reduce compilation time. I'm finding
that
compilation proceeds fine but fails at the linking stage due to missing
compiler builtins. When I examined the build log for the LLVM toolchain, I
found that Compiler-RT was only being built for x86_64. So, as a stopgap,
I've started linking against the existing cross-compiled libgcc to fill in
the gaps. However, I'm trying to find out what I need to do to
cross-compile
Compiler-RT's builtins library for ARMv7 so I can use it to replace libgcc.
Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kev Kitchens

CD: 3ms