From: Chris Lattner <clattner-2kanFRK1NckAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Apple's Swift language, will it come to public clang?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compilers.clang.user
Date: Monday 2nd June 2014 22:32:50 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi Kevin,

We don't have anything to say about that at this point, but you can read
all about swift, for free, with the new Swift iBook.

-Chris

wrote:

> Hey everyone.
>
> I just finished watching the Apple WWDC 2014 keynote and I really want to
get more into using Swift. It has named parameters, a language
functionality that I really value for languages - if scripted or compiled.
So I wanted to ask: Do you folks think that this language will be made
available to non-Mac computers, or will it be similar to C# and be a
serious „platform-only“ thing?