From: Rob Weir <robweir <at> apache.org>
Subject: Re: Apache OpenOffice in Fedora 19?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.devel
Date: Friday 8th February 2013 11:55:34 UTC (over 4 years ago)
wrote:

>> It's not only Fedora, but also other GNU/Linux distributions using such
>> transitional packages. It's a common way supporting users to update
>> their system.
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominative_use

That's not nominative use.  Nominative use would be to use the
trademark in talking about the trademarked product.  Using the
trademark to describe some other product is not nominative use.  This
argument is even stronger when we have, as we do, documented cases of
users being confused, thinking they are getting OpenOffice, but
instead getting LibreOffice.

-Rob

> - d.

CD: 20ms