From: Tomoyuki Sakurai <tomoyukis <at> reallyenglish.com>
Subject: Re: SecDisableBackendCompression and SetEnvIfNoCase
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.apache.mod-security.user
Date: Sunday 21st March 2010 15:21:52 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Ivan Ristic
wrote:

>> Now "SetEnvIfNoCase Accept-Encoding gzip force-gzip" no longer
>> takes effect.
>
> That shouldn't really happen with the trunk, because SetEnvInfNoCase
> runs early, whereas (in the trunk) ModSecurity runs late. I don't know
> how your patched version works.

You're right. the trunk works for me. Sorry for the noise.

    # Disable compression from backend
    SecDisableBackendCompression On
    # deflate by content-type
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/css
application/javascript application/json text/xml

That's simpler!

> Now, I haven't with mod_deflate much, but why wouldn't the following
work?

> AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml

It didn't work with ModSecurity in the past. Now it does. Thanks.

--
Tomoyuki Sakurai