From: Kay Schenk <kay.schenk <at> gmail.com>
Subject: [RELEASE] Release Manager position
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.devel
Date: Monday 23rd March 2015 21:23:39 UTC (over 3 years ago)
We are still in the planning phase for our next release, tentatively
4.1.2.  One of the first and most important items we need to have is a
Release Manager. Our former release manager, Juergen, retired from this
role a few months ago.
(See original post on how Juergen was chosen/volunteered --
http://markmail.org/message/nyyhcpddiy7roaev)

Jan stressed the importance of having a Release Manager before further
planning in his post of 2015/03/17:

http://markmail.org/message/f3pqljxewm35mer7

In our case, the Release Manager has performed the duties described in
the following documents --

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html

as well as making definitive decisions concerning issues marked as
"release blockers".

If you are a committer who would be interested in this position, please
let us know so we can further discuss this.

The Release Manager is a critical position in driving releases forward.

MzK

“What is the point of being alive if you don't
 at least  try to do something remarkable?”
       -- John Green, "An Abundance of Katherines"

CD: 17ms