From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer <at> yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Clarifying facts
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.devel
Date: Tuesday 13th March 2012 17:40:30 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Yes it's looking pretty good now Ross.  I am
still concerned about the level of commit activity
being on the low-side but I'm hoping post-release
things will pick up as the project starts to push
towards 4.0.

>________________________________

graduation is next on the agenda. Our mentors can correct me if I am wrong,
but we have likely met all of the other requirements.

>Speaking as just one mentor I believe the PPMC is now functioning as a
>healthy Apache PMC. Specifically:
>
>- the diversity requirement of the project has been met (in fact this
>was the case on day one)
>
>- all discussions relating to project strategy now take place on the
>public mailing lists
>
>- the voice of the lone contributor is as loud as the voice of any
>other contributor
>
>- decisions are being taken by those who are ready, willing and able
>to implement them
>
>- the community is rewarding those who earn merit with committership
>in the project
>
>- participants are finding their natural place within the community
>(this includes coders, testers, technical writers, forum admins,
>translators and many more)
>
>- the community is learning to respect and reward non-code contributions
>
>- there is evidence of cross-project collaboration both into and out of
AOO

>- AOO project members are appearing in the appropriate places around
>the ASF to ensure full engagement with the foundation
>
>- mentors very rarely interject, unless specifically called upon
>
>- community members are learning not to feed trolls
>
>In summary, yes I think the AOO project is well on its way to
>graduation. A release is a pre-requisite to graduation as that is the
>point at which the ASF is able to assert that the code is fully
>license compliant. Once the first release is complete I imagine
>graduation will not be far behind.
>
>I look forward to seeing AOO code allowing the further adoption of ODF
>alongside other great ODF related projects.
>
>Ross

CD: 3ms