From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer <at> yahoo.com>
Subject: principles of Apache communities
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.apache.incubator.general
Date: Wednesday 1st February 2012 14:03:08 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Here are some of the things that guide me in my decision-
making about governance and Apache communities.  Please
feel to add you own thoughts on the subject!

1) Fairness and Equitable Treatment- that it is wrong to apply
different standards to different people based solely on their
(external) accrued status.

2) Tolerance- that we respect the diversity of opinion without
the need for tit-for-tat arguments about who is "right".

3) Fun- that the nature of participation here is personally
satisfying and not onerous.

4) Consistency- that we don't apply different standards to
different people based on whatever hot topic is currently being
debated.

5) Competence- that we entrust people who are most familiar with
the work being performed to exercise their oversight and judgement
about the codebase.

6) Empowerment- that people who show sustained levels of competence
and oversight capabilities are rewarded with higher levels of
organizational responsibility.

[more later]

CD: 3ms